Whenever my grandmother would stay with us, she would gather up any leftover vegetables and potatoes from dinner the night before, and put them in a storage container for lunch. Her frittatas were the best and I’d like to think that some of her culinary talents rubbed off on me. She was a great teacher.
I was used to her preparing her eggs in a large pan, but I recently experimented in the kitchen and figured out how to make individual omelets in a muffin tin. With many mouths to feed (with many varying tastes and preferences) it is extremely convenient to be able to make multiple flavor combinations at a time. These frittatas can be prepared in advance and frozen until you are ready to enjoy them. Just pop them in the microwave and you can enjoy eggs on the run.
Mini Frittatas With Spinach and Cheddar
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup spinach
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray 1 muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Add spinach and cheddar until well incorporated.
- Fill prepared muffin tins (almost to the top) with the egg mixture.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until the egg rises and appears set in the center.
- Using a spatula, remove the eggs from the tins and let cool.
- Transfer to freezer bags and store until ready to use.
- Simply microwave individual frittatas before you are ready to serve.