- If you send your child to school in a brand new outfit, she will fingerpaint in art class
- The day after you buy your child a new wardrobe, your principal will announce the new dress code.
- If your child leaves the house wearing yesterday’s dirty shirt, the state senator will drop by for an assembly and photo-op.
- If your child wears a white shirt for his band concert, the cafeteria will serve spaghetti and chocolate pudding.
- If your child can’t find her sneakers, it must be gym day.
- If your child gives himself a haircut, tomorrow will be picture day.
- The morning your kids finally get up and ready on time, the bus will be late.
- When you finally get the baby down for a nap, the nurse will call you to pick up a sick kid.
- If there is a HazMat team outside of your child’s school, the chemical spill will have happened in her classroom.
- If you buy the Superman backpack your son has been asking for all summer, on the first day of school he will cry that he wanted Batman.
- If anyone is going to throw up on the field trip, it is going to be the kid sitting right next to you.
Note: If you are wondering about the last statement. Yes, my husband was thrown up on during a 3rd grade field trip to the theater. That was the last time he chaperoned!
As seen on The TODAY Parenting Team Community.